Welcome to my home page! I received a Ph.D. in Economics at the University of Namur (Belgium) in June 2012 with a thesis titled "Essays in Information Aggregation and Political Economics".
I am currently a Post-doctoral researcher at the Department of Economics "Marco Biagi" of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. Moreover, I'm a Part-time Research Fellow at the Research Center for Educational and Network Studies (Recens) at the Center for Social Sciences of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, a regular visiting professor at ESCP-Europe Business School - Paris Campus (where I collaborate with Prof. Yuri Biondi), and an affiliate member of the Namur Center for Complex Systems (Naxys)
My research interests are Networks Theory, Applied Microeconomics, Industrial Organization and Social Interactions.
References about myself can be required to: Gani Aldashev (University of Namur and ECARES, advisor, website), Timoteo Carletti (University of Namur, co-advisor, website), Marco LiCalzi (University Ca' Foscari, Venezia, website), Enrico Diecidue (INSEAD - Decision Sciences Area, Fontainebleau website), Yuri Biondi (ESCP-Europe, co-author, website) and Karoly Takacs (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, co-author and Research group leader, website).
Here you can find:
Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi"
Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia
Viale Berengario 51,
Room: 44 Ovest
+39 059 205 6844
- Righi S., Takacs K. (2014), Emotional strategies as catalysts for cooperation in signed networks , in Advances in Complex Systems, volume 17, Number 2, 1450011 (23 pages)
- Aldashev G., Carletti T., Righi, S. (2011), Follies subdued: Informational Efficiency under Adaptive Expectations and Confirmatory Bias, in Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, volume 80, Issue 1, pp. 110-121
- Carletti, T., Fanelli D., Righi S., (2011), Emerging structures in social networks guided by opinions exchanges, in Advances in Complex Systems, volume 14, Issue 1, pp. 13-30
- Carletti, T., Righi S. (2010), Weighted Fractal Networks, Physica A, volume 389, pp. 2134-2142
- Biondi Y., Righi S. (2013), What does the financial market pricing do? A simulation analysis with a view to systemic volatility, exuberance and vagary , Review and Re-submit at Journal of Economic Interactions and Coordination
- Aldashev G., Carletti T., Righi S. (2010), Adaptive expectations, confirmatory bias, and informational efficiency, Naxys technical Report (Old version of the JEBO 2011 Paper)
Work in progress
- Campaign Spending and Rents in a Probabilistic Voting Model, Working Paper. University of Namur.
- Pricing in Social Network under Limited Information (with Elias Carroni, University of Namur)
- Triadic mechanisms as drivers for the evolution of cooperation (with Karoly Takacs, Hungarian Academy of Sciences,RECENS and Corvinus University)
- Much ado about making money: The impact of disclosure, News and Rumors over the Formation of Security Market Prices over Time (with Yuri Biondi, ESCP-Europe Paris Campus and CNRS) [Working Paper Version Coming Soon]
- Income and Wealth Dynamics, Inequality and the Financial Accumulation Process: A Computational Economic Analysis (with Yuri Biondi, ESCP-Europe Paris Campus and CNRS) [Working Paper Version Coming Soon]
- Clan hierarchy and economic outcomes: Evidence from Kazakhstan (with Gani Aldashev, University of Cergy-Pontoise.
- Righi S., Takacs K. (2014), Degree Variance and Emotional Strategies Catalyze Cooperation in Dynamic Signed Networks, Proceedings of European Conference on Modelling and Simulations 2014.
- Righi S., Takacs K. (2013), Signed Networks, Triadic Interactions and the Evolution of Cooperation, Proceedings of Wivace 2013 Italian Workshop of Artificial Life and Evolutive Computing.
- Righi S., Carletti T. (2011), Face-to-face discussions: networking or opinions exchange?, Proceedings of the European Conference on Complex systems (ECCS) 2012, Bruxelles.
- Righi S., Carletti T., Aldashev G. (2012), Behavioral Biases and Informational Inefficiency in an Agent-Based Financial Market, Proceedings of ESSA Conference (European Social Simulations Association), Salzburg. Winner of the Best Student Paper Award (announcement on the University of Namur website).
- Righi S., Carletti T., (2009), How Opinion Dynamics Shapes Social Networks Topology, Proceedings of AI*IA Conference (Italian Association for artificial Intelligence) (ISBN: 978-88-903581-1-1)
- Righi S., Carletti T. (2009), The influence of social network topology in a opinion dynamics model, Proceeding of the European Conference on Complex systems 2009 (ISBN: 0-9554123-1-5)
- Carletti T., Righi S. (2008) Shaping Opinions in a Social Network, Proceedings of Wivace 2008 Italian Workshop of Artificial Life and Evolutive Computing
Chapters in Books
- Righi S., Takacs K. (2014), Parallel versus Sequential Update and the Evolution of Cooperation with the Assistance of Emotional Strategies , Accepted for Publication in "Interactions in Complex Systems",
- Dall E., Righi S. (2008) Evaluating Project Communications with social network Analysis , in Hochgerner & Cornejova, Communication in International R&D Projects, (2008), Barrister & Principal, Brno (CZ)
- Righi S. (2007), Complexity and Innovation, in Marco Villani et al., (2007) Educating Managers in Complexity, Aracne Editrice, Roma